

Beautiful synth/chamber pop from former Ravishing Beauty, Virginia Astley.
I saw the Ravishing Beauties supporting the Teardrops at Lancaster University about a hundred years ago. Kate St. John was also in the band and went on to play on Julian's immense first solo record to earth shattering effect. I was definitely a little bit in love with Virginia.
I met her at the Armoury Show gig where I got this. She was going out with former Skid and Armoury show bassist, Russell Webb. Look! There she is on the left, stood next to Webb and my mate, Michelle.
This is a wonderful, lovely song with a truly great lyric.
Go here for more.
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Link Expired.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Virginia Astley - Love's A Lonely Place To Be 7"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment