
This 12" issue of classic League track is the one to seek out and indeed, while carrying the flaming torch of the "League Unlimited Orchestra" album into the "Hysteria" campaign, it verily shits from a great height all over the album version.
Although the extended mix is very, very good, the one on which to focus your attention is the "Improvisation" mix, which is properly bonkers and all the better for it. I think this was Martin Rushent's last gasp with the band, but what a way to go.
Ex-Rezillo Jo Callis was still on board and not only providing the music, but also assisting with the vocal duties. I reckon this was their last truly great single for a long, long time. Check out the wonky riff, which I find slightly suffocating on the standard version. Here, it is somehow diminished to greater effect. Less is, if you will, more.
I love the cover of this as well; "Look! We're suddenly a fun-loving band of great mates" (Subtext - we fucking hate each other and success has ruined us).
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Link Expired.
Friday, March 4, 2011
The Human League - (Keep Feeling) Fascination 12"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment