
Fairly full-on acid from the early days of the second summer of love. This is a great record and although it features a few of the things which fairly quickly became the trademark (clichéd) sounds of the acid house movement, this one was one of the innovators.
The flipside "Acid Chant" is an insane psychedelic head-fuck monster. It's almost as if these people were taking drugs.
Both sides of this have a lock groove spin out, which I've left running for a wee while, just to give you a flavour. I remember one night listening to the looped lock groove for far, far too long. I was, in the immortal words of Moggieboy, "in the zone".
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Download.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Ecstasy Club - Jesus Loves The Acid 12'
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment