
One of my albums of the year has been the amazing "Where You Go, I Go Too" from ultra prolific Norwegian prog/psyche/kraut/disco Meister, Lindstrøm.
I was hugely excited a few weeks ago when another Lindstrøm album appeared, which features the vocal "talents" of his collaborator, Christabelle. Unfortunately, despite trying very, very hard and giving it my full and undivided attention, not much of this one is really sticking with me. I think the final nail in the coffin was when I realised that all the vocals were improvised. Or to put it another way, all of the vocals were unrehearsed. It sounds like it's been assembled from lots of tiny bits and at the moment, is irritating the hell out of me.
Thank the winter snow gods then, that my copy came with a promo 42 minute version of "Little Drummer Boy". Yes. THAT "Little Drummer Boy". Anyway you slice it, this is AMAZING in it's scope, cheek, musical artistry and awesome sonic invention. This is a future classic and no mistake. Probably best described as a "builder", once again, Lindstrøm finds the delicious sweet spot between motorik krautrock and super cooled cosmic disco. This is the shit.
Merry Christmas, Lindstrøm. Merry Christmas, everyone.
Link Expired.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Lindstrøm - Exclusive Mix Promo: Little Drummer Boy
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
It's hard to keep track of the early ZTT releases as they were routinely released in several different mixes and versions. However, I t...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
As previously mentioned, Diskjokke is 30 year old Norwegian mathematician, Joachim Dyrdahl. "Staying In' is at the most accessible ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment