

My trawl through the archives continues.
How about this though? An autograph from John McGeoch that is LITERALLY written on the back of a fag packet. The Armory Show were kind of a supergroup with McGeoch and John Doyle from Magazine and Russell Webb and Richard Jobson from The Skids.
I'm not sure, but I think this was one of their first gigs. They were absolutely fucking awesome that night, but I don't think they ever got their brilliance down on record.
Virginia Astley was there as well, as she was going out with Russell Webb. I was very "confused" because I was very much truly, madly, deeply, in love with her. In a word, it was a "hormonal" evening. For me, at least, if not for her. I've got photos too, if anyone's interested.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
McGeoch
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
It's hard to keep track of the early ZTT releases as they were routinely released in several different mixes and versions. However, I t...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
As previously mentioned, Diskjokke is 30 year old Norwegian mathematician, Joachim Dyrdahl. "Staying In' is at the most accessible ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment