
I'm sorry about the scarcity of blog updates for the last few months. The truth is, I have been listening to little else other than this Scandinavian disco stuff. Ad infinitum, ad nauseam. I'm still not sick of it by ANY stretch of the imagination, however. And there is much still to discover.
My undoubted favourites are Lindstrøm and this sterling fellow, DiskJokke. This is a promo that was released last year, which I think may also have appeared on a 7".
Young Joachim Dyrdahl, "the latest in a string of exciting and innovative artists hailing from the respected Oslo electronica scene", is at it it again. I believe there is a new album due imminently, and I'm hoping that this is a taster for what is to come, because once again this is truly wonderful stuff. There's a double whammy of euphoric "upness" and real emotional depth to this music that I'm finding utterly irresistible.
Get on board.
320 Kbps.
Link Expired.
Friday, February 19, 2010
DiskJokke - Rosenrød Promo CD
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment