
This beauty has been pulling on my heartstrings for a few weeks now. I have no idea what this is. Is it electro/disco/post-modern disco/minimal/synth-core/retro/italio/dark-wave/minimal-wave/slowcore? I have no idea. What I can tell you is that it's such a great song with a brilliant lyric intoned by the (I'm assuming utterly beautiful) Anne-Laure Keib. It reminds me of one of those early Eighties Crepescule/Factory Benelux bands, but with a brilliant production and lots of spangle and twinkle. There are disco mixes from Glass Candy which will get your ass shakin' fo' sho', but for me, it's the low key original mixes which hit the spot. Lookout especially for the "Teardrops and Piano" mix. As it says on the website "Imagine the romantic Human League fronted by Nico covering Stereolab."
It's on the brilliant, seal of quality boutique label "Italians Do It Better". So we know we're in safe hands. Have a look at their shop and buy some shit. It's mostly awesome.
It's good to be alive, right?
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Link Expired.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Appaloosa - Intimate 12"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
It's hard to keep track of the early ZTT releases as they were routinely released in several different mixes and versions. However, I t...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
As previously mentioned, Diskjokke is 30 year old Norwegian mathematician, Joachim Dyrdahl. "Staying In' is at the most accessible ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment