
Apologies for the slight lag, but work commitments, Christmas preparations and a nasty bout of Manflu have conspired to prevent me from getting this mix up here. Response to the first one was pretty good, so many thanks to all those who took the trouble to download and listen. If anything, I think this second part is slightly better.
I had an interesting discussion with a friend about what "camp" actually was. It's kind of hard to pin down isn't it. I'm convinced it's not just about the gay thing and that there's a weird, slightly indefinable quality about it. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it all, but I'm not sure I agree with some of that. Perhaps that's an American interpretation. Initial selections for this mix were rejected at the last minute for not being at all camp. I've also steered clear of tracks that were simply by gay artists. As I've said before, this isn't intended to be reductive in any way - it's a celebration.
As with the last part, I've uploaded an enhanced podcast with full artwork in AAC format and a standard MP3 file. Both are ripped at 320 Kbps. Interestingly, downloads for the MP3 beat the AAC by about 2 - 1 for the first part. I'd go for the AAC myself. It has scans of all the single sleeves and chapter markers.
AAC
MP3
Brilliantly, Castles In Space Reader Graeme took it upon himself to create artwork for the podcasts. Part Two already features the above image, but for those who wish to update the first part with the matching cover, here is the art for Part One.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Camp As Christmas Part Two
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
It's hard to keep track of the early ZTT releases as they were routinely released in several different mixes and versions. However, I t...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
As previously mentioned, Diskjokke is 30 year old Norwegian mathematician, Joachim Dyrdahl. "Staying In' is at the most accessible ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment