
I have no idea why I haven't posted this brilliant record before now, but it is truly a classic slab of spacey house pop. There's the original version and remixes from Mylo and Atomic Hooligan. The Mylo mix is the one that will get your Christmas party bouncing, but all three tracks on this are great.
The Discogs bio tells us that "The Egg were formed in the UK from a conglomeration of various Oxford-based dub-influenced dance music acts...hey have developed a unique sound combining hip-hop, psychedelia, ambient and house, resulting in what has been described as a "fluid trance groove".
I'm not sure if they are still active, but the band still have a live website here.
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps
Link Expired.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
The Egg - Wall 12"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment