
I'm painfully short of time, but I'm going to try to get a few things up here tonight. I'm starting off with a few classics, the first of which surely needs no introduction.
This is the remixed version of "The Robots" which as far as I can tell is lifted directly from "The Mix" album. This lovely UK 12" dates from 1991 and in addition to the extended remix, features a single and original album mix. Nothing that you haven't heard before, I'm guessing, but still nice to be reminded of how great they were.
I know music nerds do this one-upmanship thing all the time, but this is a true story. I must have been about thirteen and was obsessed by Kraftwerk. I got my older brother to paint the constructivist Kraftwerk logo from the sleeve of "The Man Machine" onto the flap of my canvas school bag. I took so much shit from my peers; "Who the fuck are Kraftwerk, you queer?" Amazingly, however, I was soon ushered into the cooler realms of the the fifth and sixth formers, who were also into the weirder krauty sounds. Although having said that, I seem to remember that Yes and Led Zep got played out in the sixth form common room much more than Can or Neu! Bowie, Lou and Iggy were big too.
There is one fifth form friend who was obviously older than me with whom I am very much still in touch, despite the fact that he now lives in Denmark with his beautiful Dansk wife. The bastard.
Speaking of which, I'm afraid the the magnetic power of attraction that existed between the heads in those distant pre-internet day alas did work it's magic on any girls.
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Download
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Kraftwerk - Robotronik 12"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment