
I try and steer away from throwing up anything too obvious on here most of the time. However, I also try and share some of the stuff which occupies my time and keeps me entertained. Those of you who have been around for a while will know that this might include anything from neo-classical drone to the most cheesy pop music. I'm quite proud of that fact.
So, again, I'm pretty sure that most of you will be familiar with this one. Perhaps not in this original Eren's Bootleg Mix form though? This house classic has been remixed and reissued so many times, but nothing has ever come close to the pure genius employed here. I'm not even going to talk about the massive, honking ballache that was the Florence And The Machine cover - the latest in a long line of versions for this song.
I guess we could call this original version one of the first mash-ups, a genre which got way out of hand, but one which I still have a massive fondness for (there you go - I'm being cheesy again). Layering a Frankie Knuckles/Jamie Principal early house track over an unreleased Candi Staton vocal track, but crucially, adding more to mix including the wonderful synth solo, this still works for me on every level. And just listen to that bass pattern.
Full details are here.
Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Download.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The Source - You Got The Love (Eren's Bootleg Mix) 12"
Popular Posts
-
There's a great interview with The Futureheads here at Dirty Laundry. They seem to be doing good stuff over there, so have a look. Th...
-
From 1991, this 4-track 12" EP, catalogue number WAP 17LTD was pressed in a limited edition of 2000 clear vinyl copies. Mine is No 1346...
-
"Drugs Will Keep Us Together" is a guaranteed killer, with Philadelphia's Pink Skull offering up this funky off-kilter tech-ho...
-
'Futuristic Abeba' is Afrobeat infected house and electronics, combining strains of raw Fela Kuti style funk with spaceways electron...
-
Discodeine are a parisian duo comprised of Pilooski (Dirty Sound system) and Pentile. "Synchronize" is a perfect disco-pop song fe...
-
This 1984 album is interesting, and sounds very current due to the recent Minimal Wave/Dark Wave boom that's been going on round these p...
-
A lovely discofied label compilation dating from 2007 from Castles In Space favourites Smalltown Supersound. All of the usual suspects appe...
-
Drew will be furious, but here are the Nellee Hooper remixes of "Unfinished Sympathy" for those that want 'em. I think as an...
-
This appears to have sold out, so I'll hang it up here for a few days as a mark of respect for the recently departed Conrad Schnitzler. ...
-
Bonjour! I've just got back from La Belle France, hence the lack of blog action. Updates coming as soon as unpacking has been complete...

0 comments:
Post a Comment