Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Cardigans - My Favourite Game




I'm currently obsessing over the CD single as a format. All but disappeared already, it was around for far too brief a time in the larger scheme of things. There's something really lovely about a slim cased CD with four or five remixes and long, long versions of the title track. You go into HMV these days and there are hardly any singles to buy. And that's if you can find an HMV. No wonder that music sales are drastically down, there's nowhere on the high street to buy it.

I buy all my stuff by mail order these days, and from independent shops. I'm spending more money than ever on music. There's just so much good stuff around at the moment, we are truly spoiled. This seems to be a golden time for music. The only problem I have is finding time to listen to everything properly.

What really fucks me off though, are those nob-ends with a massive sense of entitlement who don't buy any music at all and expect to get everything for free. Buy some music you fools. "Hey, I'm really desperate for that album. Can you post it again?" Obviously not desperate enough to spend a tenner on a copy, though.

And my wife, who hadn't bought the onions then blamed me when I couldn't make the soup. She drives me fucking mad too. "Why don't you just fuck off out of it?", she said. "Why don't I?" I though to myself. It's those pesky children making your life feel all worthwhile and validated and enriched and stuff. How could you leave those guys? I certainly can't, that's for sure.

So. Anyway. This seems appropriate on both fronts. Ladies and Gentleman, a double CD single from The Cardigans. C'mon everybody. Let's not lose our babies.

Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts