Saturday, September 25, 2010

Appaloosa - Intimate 12"



This beauty has been pulling on my heartstrings for a few weeks now. I have no idea what this is. Is it electro/disco/post-modern disco/minimal/synth-core/retro/italio/dark-wave/minimal-wave/slowcore? I have no idea. What I can tell you is that it's such a great song with a brilliant lyric intoned by the (I'm assuming utterly beautiful) Anne-Laure Keib. It reminds me of one of those early Eighties Crepescule/Factory Benelux bands, but with a brilliant production and lots of spangle and twinkle. There are disco mixes from Glass Candy which will get your ass shakin' fo' sho', but for me, it's the low key original mixes which hit the spot. Lookout especially for the "Teardrops and Piano" mix. As it says on the website "Imagine the romantic Human League fronted by Nico covering Stereolab."

It's on the brilliant, seal of quality boutique label "Italians Do It Better". So we know we're in safe hands. Have a look at their shop and buy some shit. It's mostly awesome.

It's good to be alive, right?

Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.

Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts