Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Human League - The Sound Of The Crowd/HardTimes/Love Action 12" Singles




Awesome double of early Human League 12" singles, which as far as I know, have never been re-released anywhere. The Sound Of The Crowd was the first one with 'the girls" on and Hard Times/Love Action was when they started to get really good after the split. Quite, quite brilliant. It's all about the space between the beats for me. Absolutely wonderful production from Martin Rushent, who was as much a member of the band as any of them were. If you've heard the raw demos for "Dare", you will understand what a crucial role he played in shaping this stuff into some sort of enduring genius. I am back in my bedroom at my parents house. Floppy fringe obscuring one eye, alive with possibilities and dreams. This was the soundtrack to my youth. Fucking brilliant.

Vinyl rips at 320Kbps.

Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts