Sunday, May 15, 2011

Freeez - I.O.U. 7" Pack.






This brilliant single was one of my first proper exposures to Arthur Baker and John Robie. After being a dedicated post punker, the likes of Cabaret Voltaire and New Order picking up on this stuff was massively exciting and pointed a whole new direction for the way that music was going to evolve.

I always felt that this brilliant little record never got the recognition it deserved from the cognoscenti, but it still stands up remarkably well. I can see them now on TOTP - British funkers having gotten ruffed up by the NY elite. Brilliant.

I also include the 1987 remix, which, while not being an abomination, doesn't add much to the glorious original.

Whatever happened to Freeez?

Vinyl rips at 320 Kbps.

Download

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts