Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kid Unknown - Nightmare 12"



For no reason at all, I pulled out a stack of early Warp 12" singles this afternoon. I've been away with the boys for a few days in Tallinn, so it wasn't like I needed any further excitement, but sometimes it's good to pull out something old to spark up the old nostalgia glands. Anyway, while I would never describe this as sounding fresh, it pretty much still did it for me and was a total memory bomb in terms of making me recall the nights out, the fun, the mess, the sheer exhilarating joy of it all.

From Discogs:
"Paul Fitzpatrick was a regular DJ at the legendary Hacienda nightclub in Manchester. He had two singles released on Warp in 1992 before going on to record under the name Nipper and to co-found the LCD Records label. [He was] one of the originators of the Manchester house music scene in the early 90's [...].

I'll be doing a bit more of this stuff over the next few days, I think. Does anyone remember the NORTH album, which dips back even a few years further and was my first real exposure to this stuff? Incoming.

Vinyl rip from Wap 20 at 320 Kbps.

Nightmare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts