Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Source - You Got The Love (Eren's Bootleg Mix) 12"



I try and steer away from throwing up anything too obvious on here most of the time. However, I also try and share some of the stuff which occupies my time and keeps me entertained. Those of you who have been around for a while will know that this might include anything from neo-classical drone to the most cheesy pop music. I'm quite proud of that fact.

So, again, I'm pretty sure that most of you will be familiar with this one. Perhaps not in this original Eren's Bootleg Mix form though? This house classic has been remixed and reissued so many times, but nothing has ever come close to the pure genius employed here. I'm not even going to talk about the massive, honking ballache that was the Florence And The Machine cover - the latest in a long line of versions for this song.

I guess we could call this original version one of the first mash-ups, a genre which got way out of hand, but one which I still have a massive fondness for (there you go - I'm being cheesy again). Layering a Frankie Knuckles/Jamie Principal early house track over an unreleased Candi Staton vocal track, but crucially, adding more to mix including the wonderful synth solo, this still works for me on every level. And just listen to that bass pattern.

Full details are here.

Vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.

Download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts