Friday, December 11, 2009

Julian Cope - Repossessed




Long time visitors to Castles in Space and my previous blog, Spinster's Rock will know that I am a massive Cope head.

While going through some old photos earlier this week, I found a set of pictures I had taken at a Cope book signing/spoken word gig in support of the second volume of his autobiography, "Repossessed". I'm placing this around Winter 1999.

It was a fantastic occasion with Cope sporting his Odin makeup and espousing his Odinist/Shaman/Rock'n'Roller hypothesis (complicated, but basically, he's all three).

The space was small, being the basement of a Charing Cross Road bookstore in central London. There was a tiny crowd and so I was able to get within stalking distance of the great man. I also got him to sign a couple of copies of the book afterwards, natch. One of them to my daughter, who was a toddler at the time and will one day treasure this historic artifact. Probably.

Click the thumbnail below to see all the pictures.

Julian Cope - Repossessed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts