Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You and Some Free Stuff You May Have Missed



Guys,

What can I say? I am once again genuinely touched by the response I got from my Countdown posts. Dunno what to say really other than you people are the best and thank you all so much. Each and every one of those comments was like (and I'm quoting Julian Cope here) "an amphetamine pessary up the psychic jacksie". You are all healers. Literally.

Here's an email from the Clinic Sister at my hospital following my last visit regarding the results of my final blood test till June 2010, when I find out if the treatment has actually worked. They are limited by what they can discuss over email due to privacy policies, but this is the email in it's entirety. I might get this printed up on a T-Shirt.

From: Txxxx.Hxxxxxxx@addenbrookes.nhs.uk
Subject: results
Date: 21 December 2009 15:52:32 GMT
To: nolanmicron@googlemail.com

All okay.

Txxxx.

Good times.

It seems a common thread for many of us was the total shitness of 2009. Witness the shitness. Goodbye, Baby. Now you have given us your freezing cold Winter Solstice, you can go, walk out the door, just turn around now, cos you're not welcome anymore.

However, one of my things of the year has definitely been Twitter. I never touched MySpace and am a reluctant participant in Facebook, but Twitter is a different beast altogether. I love the fun and immediacy of it all and can see this thing growing in all sorts of unexpected directions. Get on board now if you haven't done so far. You won't regret it. It may take a few weeks to understand what the hell is going on, but right now, this feels like something I want to be involved in. Use it wisely.

It seems to be the time of year where lots of cool people are giving away free stuff, most of which I have become aware through Twitter, and it seems like a good idea to round up some of the best stuff here in case you missed it.

You have to sign up for several of these, but I promise you it's worth it. In no particular order, I can recommend the following:

New Ghost Box downloads from creator of one of the years strangest but best electronic albums, Roj.
http://ghostbox.greedbag.com/freedownload/

Six brilliant tracks from the awesome Seed Records, including two Antoni Maiovvi things. This is all excellent though.
http://soundcloud.com/seed-records

Twelve track compilation from the legendary 4AD.
http://4ad.com/features/2009/

The Black Dog's Krautrock Mix.
http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/?p=1247

There were also three brilliant and unreleased Pet Shop Boys remixes and a post about the way EMI handled the campaign for another one of the albums of the year ("Yes") here, but unfortunately, it seems to have been removed. Ask him nicely and he might hook you up. Or you could just ask me.
http://vinnyvero.blogspot.com/

Peace and literally, love.

Your pal,

Nolan Micron.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts