Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lindstrøm - Exclusive Mix Promo: Little Drummer Boy



One of my albums of the year has been the amazing "Where You Go, I Go Too" from ultra prolific Norwegian prog/psyche/kraut/disco Meister, Lindstrøm.

I was hugely excited a few weeks ago when another Lindstrøm album appeared, which features the vocal "talents" of his collaborator, Christabelle. Unfortunately, despite trying very, very hard and giving it my full and undivided attention, not much of this one is really sticking with me. I think the final nail in the coffin was when I realised that all the vocals were improvised. Or to put it another way, all of the vocals were unrehearsed. It sounds like it's been assembled from lots of tiny bits and at the moment, is irritating the hell out of me.

Thank the winter snow gods then, that my copy came with a promo 42 minute version of "Little Drummer Boy". Yes. THAT "Little Drummer Boy". Anyway you slice it, this is AMAZING in it's scope, cheek, musical artistry and awesome sonic invention. This is a future classic and no mistake. Probably best described as a "builder", once again, Lindstrøm finds the delicious sweet spot between motorik krautrock and super cooled cosmic disco. This is the shit.

Merry Christmas, Lindstrøm. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts