Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've Been There Time and Time Again



I had the best Christmas and New Year ever, but suffered a bit of a comedown, I think. I don't know if this was due to the end of the medication regime, or as a result of rediscovering the joys of alcohol. Perhaps a little bit too much booze, in direct contravention of the rules. Whatever. I'm back and feeling better than I have for quite some time. And I'll tell you something else, (on reflection, deleted).

Although it's been a tough few weeks for me while I re-adjust, there has been salvation, (as ever) in the form of some beautiful, healing music. I have become obsessed with a little known strand of music centering around some Nordic and Scandinavian producers of the most exquisite, uplifting disco music. This stuff is a whole sub-genre which is ripe for exploration for those who are interested. It is my mission to pass on the love.

Foe starters, you have to get your listening gear around this unbelievable collection of remixes by Norway's Diskjokke, known to his Mum as Joachim Dyrdahl. I'm pretty sure this is the best remix collection since the Beyond The Wizards Sleeve album. And you all know how brilliant that was.

In particular, you have to listen out for the remix of Lindsrtrom's "Breakfast In Heaven", the opening "Heartbreaker" remix by Metronomy and the amazing remix of Sunday by Bloc Party, which is better than any of their actual records.

More to come...

Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts