Saturday, January 30, 2010

McGeoch




My trawl through the archives continues.

How about this though? An autograph from John McGeoch that is LITERALLY written on the back of a fag packet. The Armory Show were kind of a supergroup with McGeoch and John Doyle from Magazine and Russell Webb and Richard Jobson from The Skids.

I'm not sure, but I think this was one of their first gigs. They were absolutely fucking awesome that night, but I don't think they ever got their brilliance down on record.

Virginia Astley was there as well, as she was going out with Russell Webb. I was very "confused" because I was very much truly, madly, deeply, in love with her. In a word, it was a "hormonal" evening. For me, at least, if not for her. I've got photos too, if anyone's interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts