Monday, January 18, 2010

The Slits - Cut



I was going to try and write about this album, but Simon Reynold's fantastic book, "Rip It Up And Start Again" makes any of that stuff seem so futile when it has been cooked to such perfection already. I therefore take the sensible option of reproducing the pages in full.

Just click on on the pages to see the full size texts.







Suffice to say this was such an important record for all right thinking new wavers at the tail end of the Seventies. The choice to appear veri-semi-naked on the cover was a big deal at the time, but absolutely summed up the whole attitude in *such* a clever way. Would that any of today's bands were so on the money when it came to political and ideological motivation. Or am I just being an old fart? Discuss.

Sincere and heartfelt thanks to my best mate, Fat Bob, who donated this CD to the blog (along with loads of other stuff appearing on Spinster's Rock). Bob had upgraded to the Deluxe Edition of "Cut" and my original vinyl copy was well and truly fucked, so I flogged it at the Record & Tape Exchange for to buy some beer tokens a long time ago. I'm afraid we are probably going to have to wait until Bob had gone to another realm before I can prize the Deluxe Edition from his cold, dead hands.

320 Kbps.


Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts