Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Cloud I'm Under - There's More To Life Than Indie Rock 'n Roll EP



While I'm at it, you should get your ears stapled to this brilliant EP from prolific New Yorker, Ryan, recording as The Cloud I'm Under. I should have done this fucking ages ago (It was released in September last year), but I like to return to some stuff to see if it still sounds good (that even sounds like a pathetic excuse to me). This undoubtedly still does sound great and he's released a shitload of stuff since then!

It's lo-fi, but there is a wonderful, fizzing invention at work here. I was pretty much sold as soon as I found out that the title of this, "There's More To Life Than Indie Rock 'n'Roll" was "the last thing my girlfriend said to me as she was leaving". One of the songs also references Sonic Youth, so we know we're on safe ground with this guy...

From the website:

The Cloud I’m Under started his musical journey when he got his first guitar at the age of 6. He spent his teen years using cheap samplers, guitars, and whatever noisemakers he could get his hands on to record bedroom 4 track experiments. Now full grown and residing in NY, he takes influences from 80’s Synth Pop, 90’s Power Pop, and Low era Bowie to create ecstatic synth driven Robo -Pop, symphonic beats and lofi acoustic numbers.

Twitter

Blog

Link Expired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts